I’ve really loved how down to earth Rebecca’s Christmas recipes have been. They’re simple and something that you can do with little children across the festive period.
I love the way these turned out and how creative you can be with them. It’s completely up to you how you decide to decorate them. I went quite simple but there are endless possibilities:
250g plain flour
200g golden syrup
1 tsp ground ginger
8 glace cherries, cut in half
30 chocolate drops
100g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- For the biscuit, melt the butter and golden syrup together in a pan.
- Add this to the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix to form a soft dough. Chill for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough and cut out using gingerbread men cutters
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove from tray to leave to cool.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and gradually a small amount of water until a thick pipable paste is achieved
- Turn the biscuits upside down and pipe antlers, ears and a dot for each eye and nose
- Stick the cherry for the nose and chocolate drops for the eyes and leave to set.