The Liebster Award is a chain post inside the blogging network that gives attention to blogs with fewer followers. Thanks to the wonderful Julie (https://juliefood.wordpress.com) I was nominated.
If you want to partake in the Liebster Award, here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it
So here we go! (Julie repeated a question so I only had 10 to answer)
What is your favorite food?
My favourite food has to be pork belly. If you gave me a beautiful roasted pork belly, ideally roasted with honey, I would give you the biggest hug in the world. The great thing about pork belly is it’s a cheaper cut of meat and I would rather have pork belly than Wagyu beef. It’s gained in popularity recently as a cheap and easy-to-cook piece of meat.
What things make you happy?
Zumba. I love it, it’s my weekly exercise and it’s a great way to distress with some music and dancing. It is said to burn around 800 calories an hour and keeps me fit and healthy. But reading cookbooks and planning out my bakes in my head gives me pleasure. It takes me into a world of my own where I’m not restricted by the world. And of course spending time with friends and family.
What do you like the most about blogging?
The freedom I have to create my own perspective on something I am passionate about, which for me is food. And I have also made many friends in the blogging community.
Where do you live?
I live in the UK in Essex, a county to the east of London. The town I live in is Southend on Sea, which is home to the longest pleasure pier in the world.
Who inspires you?
I get inspired by so many people. My favourite sport is diving and I’m inspired by Tom Daley and Jack Laugher. But in terms of food, well you can’t not be inspired by Mary Berry and I also love Nigella Lawson.
What is your dream job?
I would love to have my own bakery; there is that romantic sense of being able to provide people with freshly baked goods every day. And I would be able to do my hobby every single day.
Where do you want to travel?
I would love to visit America, Italy and Spain. I would want to take a road trip across America and I want to visit every state.
Your favorite outdoor activities.
Although I do Zumba, I’m not a fan of outdoor activities so I can’t answer this question very well (sorry!)
What is one weird fact about yourself?
When I was 2 years old, I shaved off my right eyebrow.
What kind of music do you listen to?
I am a Noughties pop fiend. My phone has a ridiculous amount of 21st Century music ranging from Meghan Trainor to Enrique Inglesias.
This was great fun to do, thanks so much Julie. I nominate:
Here are your 11 questions:
- What is your favourite thing to cook?
- What is your favourite thing to eat?
- Describe your blog in 50 words
- Where are you from?
- Sweet or savoury?
- What do you like to watch on TV?
- What do you do for a living?
- When did you start your blog and why?
- Which celebrity do you aspire to be like? Why do they inspire you?
- I mention my love of Zumba in my post. Would you ever try it and if you have, what did you think of it?
- Will you ever, or have you already, travel to Hong Kong?